Skip to Main Content

Directions for using forms

Mouse over the forms tab above to select your form from the drop-down list. 

Which form should you use?

Instruction = Request for library instruction

  • Use this form to schedule a library tour or a library instruction session for your class. Three types of sessions may be scheduled. To read complete descriptions of the types of sessions, visit the Instruction Services page.

Reserves = Course Reserve Request

  • Use this form when you want to place a book, article, DVD, or CD on reserve for your students to use on a limited basis.  The reserved item can be something you personally own, or something that the library owns.

Purchase = Purchase Requests

  • Use these forms when you would like to ask the library to add a particular book or other item to our permanent collection, or when you want the library to subscribe to a journal or other periodical.  
  • These forms must be signed by your college's Library Liaison and Dean, so you will need to fill out the form online, then print a copy to circulate for signatures. 

ILL = Interlibrary Loan

  • Use these forms when DBU does not own the item you need.  Use ILL-Books to borrow books from other libraries; use ILL-Articles to receive copies of articles not available from the library's print or electronic resources.

DistEd = Distance Education

  • Use these forms if you are an off-campus or online instructor living more than 15 miles from the main campus.  Use DistEd-Books to check out books that will be mailed to you; use DistEd-Articles to receive scanned copies of articles from our print journals. If you need something we don't have, use the ILL forms (see above).

TexShare = TexShare card program

  • Get a TexShare card that will allow you to check out books and other materials from libraries all around the state of Texas, including academic and public libraries. 

Renew = Check-out renewal

  • Use this form to extend your check-out period.  Be sure to use this form BEFORE your books are due.