Mouse over the forms tab above to select your form from the drop-down list.
Which form should you use?
Instruction = Request for library instruction
- Use this form to schedule a library tour or a library instruction session for your class. Three types of sessions may be scheduled. To read complete descriptions of the types of sessions, visit the Instruction Services page.
Reserves = Course Reserve Request
- Use this form when you want to place a book, article, DVD, or CD on reserve for your students to use on a limited basis. The reserved item can be something you personally own, or something that the library owns.
Purchase = Purchase Requests
- Use these forms when you would like to ask the library to add a particular book or other item to our permanent collection, or when you want the library to subscribe to a journal or other periodical.
- These forms must be signed by your college's Library Liaison and Dean, so you will need to fill out the form online, then print a copy to circulate for signatures.
ILL = Interlibrary Loan
- Use these forms when DBU does not own the item you need. Use ILL-Books to borrow books from other libraries; use ILL-Articles to receive copies of articles not available from the library's print or electronic resources.
DistEd = Distance Education
- Use these forms if you are an off-campus or online instructor living more than 15 miles from the main campus. Use DistEd-Books to check out books that will be mailed to you; use DistEd-Articles to receive scanned copies of articles from our print journals. If you need something we don't have, use the ILL forms (see above).
TexShare = TexShare card program
- Get a TexShare card that will allow you to check out books and other materials from libraries all around the state of Texas, including academic and public libraries.
Renew = Check-out renewal
- Use this form to extend your check-out period. Be sure to use this form BEFORE your books are due.